EBook: with 90,000 titles Bol.it offers the widest digital catalogue
5,000 ebooks in Italian and 85,000 in English
On Bol.it it is possible to choose from over 90,000 ebooks from Italian and international publishers. The online bookstore offers users the widest selection currently available in our market with more than 5,000 Italian titles made available by the leading publishing companies and distribution platforms in the country. In addition, the catalogue – which features both classics and bestsellers, as well as many new titles published simultaneously with the printed versions – also includes some 85,000 ebooks in English, ranging from great novels to non fiction, children’s books and scientific and professional titles.
To mark the launch of the new ebook catalogue, on Bol.it it is also possible to download for free, in cooperation with Mondadori, the digital version of Il fu Mattia Pascal by Luigi Pirandello.
All of the digital books on the Bol.it store are available in the e-pub or pdf formats and can be used on the most common commercially available tablets and e-readers. A wide selection of the titles in the Italian ebook catalogue is also DRM-free and social DRM, and can therefore also be read on the iPad.
The Bol.it ebook offer operates alongside the already vast catalogue of the internet store, which features a total of 2.5 million products: from ‘traditional’ books, in Italian and English and professional titles, to a large range of multimedia products, including ebook readers, DVD and Blu-Ray films, music, games and gift ideas.
The top ten best selling ebook titles in Italian on Bol.it this week were:
1. Nella testa di Steve Jobs by Leander Kahney (Sperling & Kupfer);
2. La caduta dei giganti by Ken Follett (Mondadori);
3. Inchiesta sul cristianesimo by Corrado Augias and Remo Cacitti (Mondadori);
4. La solitudine dei numeri primi by Paolo Giordano (Mondadori);
5. L’intermittenza by Andrea Camilleri (Mondadori);
6. Non avevo capito niente by Diego De Silva (Einaudi);
7. Il broker by John Grisham (Mondadori);
8. Il bizzarro museo degli orrori by Dan Rhodes (Newton Compton Editori);
9. La strada by Cormac McCarthy (Einaudi);
10. Uomini che odiano le donne by Stieg Larsson (Marsilio).