- News and press releases
- “Chi by moonlight”: exclusive Chi charity dinner at the Grand Hotel Rimini to support the areas affected by the flood in Emilia-Romagna
Chi, the most widely read “people” magazine in Italy, has chosen one of the most iconic locations in Italy, the Grand Hotel Rimini, for a charity event that demonstrates great support for the cause, and that will be held on Wednesday 28 June.
An exclusive summer party, with the magical and evocative theme of “By Moonlight”, involving the stars and players from the jet set, entertainment, politics, entrepreneurship and the country, but which above all demonstrates a generous and supportive heart: the Chi Charity Gala Dinner will be the culmination of the “Let’s Help Emilia-Romagna Together” fundraiser launched by Mondadori Media, together with Banca Mediolanum, in the hours immediately following the flood. All the proceeds from the dinner, in which more than two hundred entrepreneurs and celebrities will take part, will be donated to the Emilia-Romagna region through a dedicated account to support people and communities affected by floods and landslides.
“Helping those in need is increasingly urgent in our society”, said Alfonso Signorini, Chi managing editor. “Distracted by a thousand and one things, an emergency is enough to make us understand how important it is to be helpful. Nothing makes us feel better than being supportive. And it’s beautiful that Chi, who’s always been a symbol for escapist and leisure reading, is alongside the people of Emilia-Romagna for such an important cause. We’ll get back to entertaining, but now’s the time to act”.
“We want this gala evening to be a small but significant contribution to reviving a place, the Romagna Riviera, and a region, Emilia-Romagna, which has always been linked to the history and stories of Chi and its figures”, said Massimo Borgnis, the magazine’s editor-in-chief. “So what better opportunity to strengthen this bond by starting in the most symbolic place of the Riviera, the Grand Hotel Rimini, a concrete show of support, so that with the help of everyone, Romagna will soon return to being a place for la dolce vita, a place that’s about hospitality, joy and fun, which has been part of our holidays and our dreams and which Chi loves to describe in its pages”, Borgnis concluded.
Chi Summer Night: an exclusive evening by moonlight
Hosting the great party at Chi‘s invitation is the Grand Hotel Rimini of the Batani Group, a Liberty building of outstanding beauty, one of the iconic locations in Federico Fellini’s Amarcord, an incomparable location in the seaside history of the Riviera and of Made in Italy tourism.
“I’m pleased that, after the break due to the pandemic, Chi and Mondadori Media, to whom we have become great friends with and collaborated many times, have chosen the Grand Hotel Rimini and Romagna for their summer party. It will be a special evening, which has an even greater meaning, given the commitment made by everyone in the charity collection for the Emilia-Romagna region. It’s one more demonstration that if tourism is working, it can help those affected by the flood”, said Paola Batani, CEO of the Batani Group Select Hotels.
The exclusive event will start at 6:30 pm with an extraordinary blue carpet to welcome guests with a very impressive entrance in the Piazza Fellini, a grand thoroughfare for the public and the whole city. A welcome cocktail will follow in the majestic setting of the outdoor garden of the Grand Hotel Rimini, which will be set up with bright spheres to recall the theme of the evening, charming corners and a band that will play for guests throughout the cocktail.
Then the Charity Gala Dinner will begin, with a placée dinner, reserved for more than 200 guests, including entrepreneurs, associations and stars from the world of entertainment, on the terrace of the hotel that will end with a magnificent artistic performance. The tone of the evening will change for the third part: the after party on the private beach of the hotel that will be transformed into a exclusive club with musical performances, DJ sets, open bars and many corners that will entertain guests and be great fun for them.
On Chi‘s Instagram account, users will be able to follow the whole evening live minute-to-minute (@chimagazineit; #alCHIarodiluna)
Event sponsors and partners
Supporting Chi on this special occasion are institutions and companies who responded to the call for support launched by the magazine and who are participating in the Charity Gala Dinner. These include: Assolombarda, Federalberghi nazionale and Orogel.
The sponsors include:
- EuroTarget, a brand distributing new and semi-new automobiles, where the customer is placed at the heart of the consultancy and not the vehicle. They recently acquired the former Lamborghini Factory in Pieve di Cento, which will become the new headquarters for the more than 50 people who make up this innovative dealership. The EuroTarget staff will support the stars of the show on the blue carpet and on the beach for the summer night of Chi “By Moonlight”;
- Givova, the internationally recognised Campania brand that has become a leader in sportswear and more in a few years, and that has always supported Chi‘s initiatives with commitment and enthusiasm. Givova will also be here for this event with a corner on the beach, dedicated to well-being, which will become a fun meeting place for everyone;
- the historic Milanese company Layla Cosmetics will be there with an area dedicated to Beauty where it will offer make-up experiences to guests;
- Profumiamo Profumiamo will make the exhibit even more magical with special perfumers
- ANTICA DISTILLERIA PETRONE will offer its renowned bitters and liqueurs;
- The Deles Group will be the star of a scenic beach showcooking with their Oyfr barbecues during the beach party;
- Orogel, the strategic partner for the evening and Chi, will have a corner on the beach where guests will be able to enjoy delicious snacks late into the night. The Fondazione F.OR. (FruttDORO OROGEL) is at the forefront of support and has launched targeted interventions to help the flooded populations with supplies of food products and materials for removing the mud: it is setting up important investments for the most affected people, the agricultural partners and has carried out an important recovery operation for historical material (ancient books and library archival items) from different municipalities in Romagna with the regional office.
- Visit Romagna will bring a preview of the Notte Rosa (Pink Night), a main event in the Riviera, to the beach, which will take place from 7 to 9 July, dedicated this year to the Pink Fluid theme.
The creative exhibit is entrusted to the Grand Hotel Rimini together with the agency Left&Right.
“LET’S HELP EMILIA-ROMAGNA TOGETHER” is the name of the fundraising initiative open to readers, followers, customers and friends launched by Mondadori Media and Banca Mediolanum in the hours immediately following the flood. Everyone can contribute by sending a donation to the dedicated current account number in the name of “BANCA MEDIOLANUM – IBAN IT54O0306234210000002727272 – CAUSE: LET’S HELP EMILIA-ROMAGNA TOGETHER”.
Together is the initiative’s keyword: thanks to everyone’s generosity, every Euro collected will be donated to the Emilia-Romagna region to support people and communities affected by floods and landslides.