Segrate, 27 May 2019 – Starbene and Mypersonaltrainer, the Mondadori Group brands that are points of reference in the world of wellness, are launch the first edition of Milano Wellness Weekend, a three-day event featuring free medical advice, encounters with exceptional guests and yoga training, aimed at all-round wellbeing for the whole family.
Prevention, a healthy diet, beauty and physical exercise will be the protagonists of this initiative, which is also supported by the City of Milan and open to the public and which will take place from 31 May to 2 June at the Fondazione Riccardo Catella, a body that since 2007 has promoted a culture of sustainability in urban development through projects to enhance public spaces and green areas.
The project is the result of the success of other initiatives dedicated to wellness organised by Starbene in Milan and Salerno, with over 4,000 visitors, and that this year will be enriched by the collaboration of Mypersonaltrainer.
The philosophy of healthy living and taking care of oneself as a lifestyle choice is the main guideline for the event, in line with the mission that the two Mondadori Group brands pursue every day, reaching an overall audience of 13 million users.
The main focus of the Milano Wellness Weekend will be the Wellbeing of the Senses, featuring experiential paths, medical advice and fitness, in collaboration with partner companies such as: Gruppo Ospedaliero San Donato, Perfetti Van Melle, Scholl, the Croatian Tourist Board, Incarose, Citrus l’Orto Italiano, Compagnia Italiana Sali, Deisa Ebano, YogaEssential, Voden, Ad Pharm, Orthesys and Tatadok.
With activities organised from 2 pm until 7 pm on the Friday, and from 10 am until 7 pm on the Saturday and Sunday, the programme will feature:
- Free medical advice: where it will be possible to book a free appointment on the Starbene and MyPersonalTrainer site with a doctor from the Gruppo Ospedaliero San Donato, Italy’s leading healthcare group with 18 hospitals in the Lombardy and Emilia Romagna regions. Available for consultations will be a nutritionist, a dermatologist, a gastroenterologist, a gynaecologist, a cardiologist and neurologist.
- Talks: conducted by experts from the editorial teams of the two brands dedicated to the importance of prevention and healthy lifestyles, with special guests including Paolo Veronesi, director of the surgical oncology division at the IEO Istituto Europeo di Oncologia; Johanna Maggy, pilates instructor and holistic coach; Mara Navarria, world champion fencer, along with Alessandro Vergendo, human resources facilitator; Attilio Speciani, a specialist in clinical allergology and immunology; Nicola Sorrentino, specialist in food science and dietetics; Terenzio Traisci, a good mood psychologist; Pier Mario Biava, doctor and researcher of the Multimedica Institute of hospitalization and care; Anna Seddone, creator of the Full-Breathing method, instructor at the Apnea Academy and former member of the Italian freediving team and Joanna Hakimova, founder of Natural BioLifting, biologist, and a specialist in bioesthetics and natural medicine.
- Wellbeing: an experiential path associated with the five senses. Starting with hearing with a mindfulness corner, with exercises associated with listening to music with soothing and relaxing effects and guided meditation lessons; sight involving a fundus test and for taste a sensorial experience; for touch it will be possible to have a skin hydration test and get beauty tips for the skin; finally for smell, a phyto-aromatic test will demonstrate how the anti-inflammatory properties of essential oils can offer a valid response in the treatment of allergies.
- Fitness and prevention: functional training for the wellbeing of the entire sensory sphere, such as yoga classes, in collaboration with YogaEssential Milan and yoga teacher Martina Sergi, accompanied by a prevention corner with postural analysis and a biometric assessment of weight, blood pressure, fat and lean mass and heart rate.
- Kids Area: activities and labs for younger visitors and a corner dedicated to diet, in collaboration with Gruppo Ospedaliero San Donato.
An advertising campaign in support of the Milano Wellness Weekend initiative has been developed by Wavemaker Content (the WM team that oversees the conception, creation and management of cross-channel content) across a range of media: newspapers; the magazines of the Mondadori Group; radio, with commercial on Radio Italia, R10 and Radio Monte Carlo; and social media, in particular on Facebook; iDD Magazine, the DOOH (Digital Out of home) circuit, that combines advertising with the editorial content of Mondadori’s lifestyle titles.
The event is curated by My Events.